Professor Fong helps students prepare for the study of law and enhance academic performance throughout law school, with a particular emphasis on bar preparation and success. Fong was most recently associate dean for bar exam services at Golden Gate University School of Law, where he built a successful bar pass program that raised and stabilized the school’s bar pass rates.
He has dedicated much of his career to providing academic support to law students and diversifying the legal field. His accomplishments include serving as chair of the State Bar of California’s Council on Access and Fairness, chair of the College & Law School Committee of the State Bar of California’s Council on Access and Fairness, former director of academic support programs at Santa Clara University School of Law and Golden Gate University School of Law, former chair of the Section on Academic Support Programs for the American Association of Law Schools, and two-time recipient of the San Francisco Minority Bar Coalition’s Outstanding Service to the Legal Community Award (1999 & 2004). He is a board member of For People of Color, Inc. and has also served on accreditation teams for the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
His areas of research include generational diversity, learning styles and teaching methods, stereotype threat, and diversity in the legal profession.
- BA, University of San Francisco
- JD, University of San Francisco
- Associate Dean for Bar Exam Services, Golden Gate University School of Law
- Program Developer, Center for Access & Fairness, The State Bar of California
- Co-Director, Academic Support Program, University of San Francisco School of Law
- Co-Director, Academic Success Program, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Associate Professor of Law and Director, Academic Assistance Program, Golden Gate University School of Law
Rodney O. Fong
For People of Color, Inc.
10880 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90024
*All titles and affiliations are for identification purposes only.