FPOC’s Law School Admissions Conference at UC Irvine School of Law*
Presented by: For People of Color, Inc. & UC Irvine School of Law’s
underRepresented Student Alliance
*This event is free and open to the public.
When: Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
UC Irvine School of Law
401 East Peltason Drive
Irvine, California 92617
This event will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of the law school application process. Current law students and administrators will provide tips and advice on how best to navigate the law school admissions process. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Breakfast & Registration
- Welcoming Remarks by Dean Erwin Chemerinsky
- Janice Austin, Assistant Dean of Admissions, UC Irvine School of Law
- Anthony Solana, Jr., President & Chairperson, For People of Color, Inc.
- Estuardo Ponciano, Assistant Director of Admissions, UC Irvine School of Law
- Nasreen Zia, Director of Financial Aid, UC Irvine School of Law
- Law Student Panel
- UC Irvine School of Law Faculty Panel
- Attorney Panel:
- Monica Ortiz, Attorney at Law, Reed Smith LLP
- Patricia J. Chen, Principal, PC Law Group
- Fred Slaughter, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California
- Christina Zabat-Fran, Assistant General Counsel, St. John Knits
- Personal Statement Review with UC Irvine School of Law Students
RSVP: Registration is required.
Personal Statement Review:
UC Irvine Law students will be available to review your application materials. Please feel free to bring a copy of your personal statement to the event. Do not e-mail your materials to us.
Willie D. Brown, Jr.
California Minority Counsel Program
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
The California Bar Foundation
Environmental Law Section – State Bar of California
misty m. sanford & Gideon Kracov
Parissh A. Knox
Monica M. Ortiz
Juan J. Redin
Law Offices of Miguel Duarte
Vilma R. Palma-Solana & Anthony Solana, Jr.
Lim, Ruger, & Kim, LLP
Alec Y. Chang
Rodney O. Fong
Bethany and Steve Kristovich