For People of Color, Inc. will start accepting personal statements from prospective law school applicants, for our review, during the period of Monday, July 1, 2013, thru Sunday, July 7, 2013. Please do not send us any personal statements at this time.
This is a free service made possible by the generosity and support of our donors. (See list below.)
We are only going to review personal statements and will not review resumes, supplemental statements, or letters of recommendation. Also, we do not grant any extension requests.
Personal statements submitted for our review must strictly adhere to the following requirements:
1. Review FPOC’s Law School Admissions Resources: Only prospective applicants who previously attended one of our law school admissions conferences (e.g., live event or video) or have read our admissions guide will be eligible to submit statements for our review. The links to these resources are below.
The admissions workshop and guide will assist you in preparing your statement.
2. No First Drafts: FPOC does not review first drafts. Please only submit a statement that you consider to be your “final draft.” Make absolutely sure that your statement does not contain any typographical, spelling, or grammatical errors. Our review will focus exclusively on the statement’s content and is not designed to identify and correct such errors.
3. Three-Page Limit: We will not review any statements that exceed three (3) pages.
4. Line Spacing: Statements must be double-spaced.
5. Margins & Font Size: Minimum of one (1)-inch margins and 12-point font. Do not try to “squeeze” a 4-5 page statement into 3 pages.
6. Document Format: Submissions must be in Word (.doc or .docx) format. Some of our admissions consultants provide tracked changes, thus the reason we require documents in Word format. Do not submit .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or Word Perfect files.
Distribution of Link to Submission Form:
A link to the submission form will be sent to our e-mail listserve (i.e., individuals who receive e-mails directly from us) the morning of Monday, July 1st.
Any statements that are directly e-mailed to us will be ignored. Again, please do not send us any statements at this time.
For People of Color, Inc.’s Admissions Consultants:
Your statement will be assigned to one of our admissions consultants for review. Click here to review our consultants’ biographies (scroll to the bottom of the page).
FPOC’s feedback will be provided on or before August 18, 2013.
FPOC’s E-mail Listserve:
If this e-mail was forwarded to you, but you are not currently a member of our e-mail listserve, please click on the link below to join.
For People of Color, Inc.’s Sponsors:
Willie D. Brown, Jr.
California Minority Counsel Program
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
State Bar of California – Environmental Law Section
Custodio & Dubey LLP
Sabas D. Carrillo
Law Offices of Miguel Duarte
Parissh A. Knox
Monica M. Ortiz
Juan J. Redin
misty m. sanford & Gideon Kracov
Vilma R. Palma-Solana & Anthony Solana, Jr.
Lim, Ruger, & Kim, LLP
Alec Y. Chang
Rodney O. Fong
Bethany and Steve Kristovich