For People of Color, Inc.’s Annual Personal Statement Review
DEADLINE: Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 11:00 p.m. (PACIFIC)
IMPORTANT: DO NOT E-MAIL YOUR STATEMENTS DIRECTLY TO US. E-MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL BE IGNORED. PLEASE USE THE LINK TO THE FORM BELOW.
For People of Color, Inc. is accepting personal statements, from prospective law school applicants, for review. The deadline to submit statements is Sunday, July 7th at 11:00 PM (Pacific). Please do not request an extension.
This is a free service made possible by the generosity and support of our donors. (See list below.)
Very Important Notes:
(1) Our system will automatically send you an e-mail confirmation once you submit your statement. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION E-MAIL WITHIN 5 MINUTES, THEN YOUR STATEMENT WAS NOT SUBMITTED. (Please resubmit until you receive a confirmation e-mail.)
(2) We are only reviewing personal statements and will not review resumes, supplemental statements, nor letters of recommendation.
(3) DO NOT E-MAIL YOUR STATEMENTS DIRECTLY TO US. E-MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL BE IGNORED.
Personal statements submitted for our review must strictly adhere to the following requirements:
1. Review FPOC’s Law School Admissions Resources: Only prospective applicants who previously attended one of our law school admissions conferences (e.g., live event or video) or have read our admissions guide will be eligible to submit statements for our review. The links to these resources are below.
The admissions workshop and guide will assist you in preparing your statement.
2. No First Drafts: FPOC does not review first drafts. Please only submit a statement that you consider to be your “final draft.” Make absolutely sure that your statement does not contain any typographical, spelling, or grammatical errors. Our review will focus exclusively on the content of your statement and is not designed to identify and correct such errors.
3. Three-Page Limit: We will not review any statements that exceed three (3) pages.
4. Line Spacing: Statements must be double-spaced.
5. Margins & Font Size: Minimum of one (1)-inch margins and 12-point font. Do not try to “squeeze” a 4-5 page statement into 3 pages.
6. Document Format: Submissions must be in Word (.doc or .docx) format. Some of our admissions consultants provide tracked changes, thus the reason we require documents in Word format. Do not submit .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or Word Perfect files.
7. File Naming Convention: Please name your Word file after your last and first names. For example, a submission by Fabian Renteria would be named “Renteria,FabianPS.doc”
For People of Color, Inc.’s Admissions Consultants:
Your statement will be assigned to one of our admissions consultants for review. Click here to review our consultants’ biographies (scroll to the bottom of the page).
FPOC’s feedback will be provided on or before August 18, 2013. We kindly request that you do not inquire about the status of your submission before this date.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT
(Only submit one statement. Multiple submissions will be ignored.)
For People of Color, Inc.’s Sponsors:
Willie D. Brown, Jr.
California Minority Counsel Program
Platinum Sponsors & FPOC’s “Family Members”:
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
State Bar of California – Environmental Law Section
Custodio & Dubey LLP
Sabas D. Carrillo
Law Offices of Miguel Duarte
Parissh A. Knox
Monica M. Ortiz
Juan J. Redin
misty m. sanford & Gideon Kracov
Vilma R. Palma-Solana & Anthony Solana, Jr.
Lim, Ruger, & Kim, LLP
Alec Y. Chang
Rodney O. Fong
Bethany and Steve Kristovich