For over a decade, For People of Color, Inc. (“FPOC”) has provided free, high-quality law school admissions consulting services to thousands of prospective law school applicants. FPOC is widely recognized as a leader in its efforts to diversify the profession. Its workshops and publications are credited with assisting students gain admission to the country’s most selective law schools.
In 2000, Anthony Solana, Jr., FPOC’s founder, president, and chairperson created the organization during his first year at UCLA School of Law in order to address the dearth of high quality pre-law services available to students of color. Historically, law school educational consulting services were exclusively available to students who could afford the thousands of dollars for a private consultant to assist in preparing a competitive application package. In order to remedy this disparity, Anthony authored a landmark publication entitled “A Guide to the Law School Application Process For People of Color” and made it available, for free, via FPOC’s website. The guide is hailed as one of the best resources for law school applicants of color.
Subsequently, FPOC complimented this guide with a series of annual conferences—held in law schools throughout the country—that attract thousands of prospective law students. FPOC also published two other popular publications, “A Guide to the Bar Examination Process For People of Color” and “A Guide to the Judicial Clerkship Application Process For People of Color.”
For People of Color, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization.
Recognitions & Awards
- State Bar of California, Diversity Award: 2011
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California, Leadership Award: 2011
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Excellence in Legal Service Award: 2009
- UCLA School of Law, La Raza Law Students’ Association, Alumnus of the Year Award: 2009
- The Greenlining Academy Alumni Association, Alumnus of the Year Award: 2007
Our mission is to employ our cultural perspectives and collective experiences to pave a path for people of color to higher education through personal empowerment and progressive education policies. This commitment stems from our personal stake in ensuring the academic, professional, and social success of our communities.
For People of Color, Inc.’s Officers & Board of Directors
- Anthony Solana, Jr., President & Chairperson
- Norma Nava, Vice President & Board Member
- misty m. sanford, Treasurer & Board Member
- Willie D. Brown, Jr., Secretary & Board Member
- Rodney O. Fong, Board Member
- Sunita Bali, Board Member
- José Luis López, Board Member
For People of Color, Inc.’s Consultants
- Fabián Rentería, Senior Consultant
- Eric Barba, Admissions Consultant
- Kenia Acevedo, Admissions Consultant
© 2013 For People of Color, Inc. All rights reserved. For People of Color® is a registered trademark of For People of Color, Inc.